Fix the Invalid Value For Registry Error Windows Pc
Are you facing invalid value for registry error in windows pc while trying to pen any Jpg or PNG photo? If yes then you are on right place. Here in this tutorial we will talk about windows 10 invalid value for registry error and their solutions.
Windows os is the most popular operating software for pc and laptop. At the same time there are many bugs and issues are available. But best thing is that we can resolve these types of windows os error within few steps. Same as, if you are going to open any photo or image on windows 10 or other windows os and getting “invalid value for registry error” then follow the below solutions one by one. These methods will help you to fix windows 10 invalid value for registry error including windows 7 / windows 8 / windows xp.
Invalid value for registry error will not allow user to open that particular image/photo or videos which are stored on your device. If you are one of them who are facing exact same error, don’t worry its very common for windows 10 and other windows OS. Moreover, no need to go anywhere to repair your pc because you can remove invalid value for registry error at your own home.
Best Methods To Fix invalid value for registry Error In Windows Pc
There are many methods are available to fix this type of errors. But many of them may not work for you. For this we are adding only working and tested methods. Just read the below methods properly and then apply them one by one.
- Clear the Windows Store Cache
- Run A System Scan
- Open The Registry To Fix The Error
- Reset The Photo App
- Reinstall The Photo App
- Run The Windows Troubleshooter
1. Clear the Windows Store Cache
- Press both the Windows logo & R keys to open the Run box on pc.
- Now Search “WSReset.exe” and press enter key.
- This will reset the Windows store cache automatically. Wait for a few seconds until it’s done.
- As soon as process done, restart/reboot your device. Reboot is must.
2. Run A System Scan
- Press both the Windows logo & X keys.This will open up a new popup menu on your screen.
- Select the Command Prompt(Admin) from the available options list as shown in screenshot.
- Now type “SFC/scannow” in command window and then press enter.
- Scanning process will start. Wait for a few minutes until it’s finished.
- Once it’s done, restart your device to apply the changes.
3. Open the Registry to Fix the Error
- Open the Run box on pc and then search for “Regedit” through it.
- Press Enter and Wait a few seconds.
- A Registry editor window will appear in front of you.
- Search for Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe sub-keys folder and expand it.
- Now, you will find some “Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe sub-keys” names.
- just delete the ones having old version codes.
- Done, restart the device again.
4. Reset the Photos App
- Press both the Windows logo+I keys to open the Settings menu.
- Click on the System option from the list.
- Select “Apps & Features” from the available options.
- In next step, just Navigate to the Photos App or search “Photo app”.
- Select “Photo app” >> “Advanced” Options.
- Click on the Reset button from the nest screen. Wait until it’s finished.
- As soon as it’s done, restart your device.
Please Note: This method is highly recommended to fix this error.
5. Reinstall the Photos App
In case, reseting the photo app is not working then try to re-install photo app again.
- Just click on the Start icon from pc.
- Select the “All Apps” option.
- Right-click on the app that’s causing issues on your device. For example “Photo app”
- Now, click on the Uninstall option to uninstall the desired app.
- When it’s done, reinstall the app again.
- Don’t forget to restart your device to apply the changes.
6. Run the Windows Troubleshooter
- First off all click on the Start icon.
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your device.
- Select Update & Security option from the available options.
- Now, Navigate to the Windows troubleshooter option.
- Again go to the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
- Wait for a few minutes until it’s done.
- Restart your device again.
These are the best of best solutions to fix windows 10 Invalid Value For Registry Error. Just try the available methods one by one and remove the windows 10 invalid value for registry error photos and videos.
Till now unable to open images due to invalid value for registry error, leave your comment below.